The greatest threat in a food attack scenario is from agents that persist through processing with the potential to cause widespread harm. The FDA Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) final rule “Mitigation Strategies to Protect Food Against Intentional Adulteration” requires a vulnerability assessment be conducted for chemical and biological threats to food products. Combining extensive experience modeling hazard behaviour in food processing and public health risk RSI has developed FADEx, a vulnerability assessment tool for microbial and chemical agents. The system can be fully customised (on request) to meet client needs including bespoke processing descriptions, and results reporting. Results from FADEx can be used to design targeted risk mitigation strategies supporting a resilient food supply, enhancing consumer protection, and supporting FSMA compliance activities.
- Assesses the inherent vulnerability in a facility and identifies significant vulnerabilities in terms of public health impacts
- The flexible structure enables application to varied food production systems/facilities
- Ranks the system components to identify Actionable Process Steps
- Includes predictive microbial models to explore growth and inactivation potential
- Creates a summary with inputs and key results supporting documentation requirements of a Food Defense Plan
- On-line and off-line options are available as well as full customization