The Model for Good Decisions
Risk Sciences International knows the value of having proven trusted models for ongoing decision-making. Models can save time and money by helping to simplify the synthesis of diverse data sets, specialized scientific knowledge, and complex analysis into something reliable and reusable.
Capturing corporate knowledge in reusable risk models eliminates the need to redo research each time. Embedding risk analysis algorithms and best practices in software eliminates the need to build custom decision support models and reduces the dependency on specialists.
RSI staff are internationally recognized experts in risk assessment. Specializing in developing desktop and web-based tools that integrate databases, software, and risk analysis best practices, we enable individuals and groups to practice informed risk management effectively.
The tools convert math, science, and data from literature and research into databases and models that are served to clients as interactive applications instead of static reports. Clients benefit by storing, sharing, reusing, and updating common data for use in many scenarios; allowing them to focus on what’s new, rather than what’s known.
We work with our clients to produce tools that support their specific risk decision-making requirements in a number of areas including:
- toxicological, microbiological, and nutritional issues in food;
- air and water quality;
- climate change impacts and adaptation;
- medical and engineering devices;
- risk-based inspection; and
- emergency planning and response for natural and man-made disasters.
Current and past clients include:
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)
- World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE)
- National Academy of Sciences (NAS)
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA)
- Canadian Council of Academies (CCA)